Monday, September 28, 2009

Harvest

Fall is a glorious time of year. Wonderful fruit, berries, and veggies in abundance. This year we did something different in our garden. We built boxes and got wonderful soil in the boxes and planted potatoes, onions, peppers, jalapenos, summer squash, zucchini, tomatoes, cherry tomato, and butternut squash. (We planted corn, but once again, it failed.) And our raspberry bushes are finally producing berries! Oh and they are so yummy!

So I've been doing canning and freezer jam.
Here is spaghetti sauce I made and canned with the tomatoes out of our garden. The peaches are from the farmers market and the apples, well, they're from the store. I've also been freezing zucchini for my zucchini bread over the winter.

This is a jar of the raspberry freezer jam that I put up a little bit ago. Oh man, I am addicted to this stuff. I also have strawberry and peach freezer jam.

1 comment:

Bugg's mama said...

Good for you! I love freezer jam! It just is NOT my season for canning this year. Alas.