Saturday, April 14, 2012

Maiden Voyage with Big Al and Pouncy

March 30 - April 1 we packed up the prowler and trailer and headed down south to find some warmth.  Sand Hollow State Park was our location and my brother John and his family joined us for some of the weekend.  This was another surprise the kids didn't know about. :)

When we got down there it was beautiful and Allyse, Tayson and Emily were already playing in the water.  I forgot to bring swim suits for us but I sent the kids in wearing their clothes because I had packed a couple extra pair for each.  Plus I knew there was no way I was keeping them out of that water. :)

John picked a perfect location for us, it was beautiful.  Thanks John!

Each of John's kids have kayaks and my kids quickly bummed rides!



Trey relaxing with Uncle John enjoying the warm weather.


Handsome Boy


I didn't take long before both Ellie and Brett took over the kayaks and were paddling on their own.

Playing in the sun!


Where is a squirt gum when you need one?

Paul, Brett and Ellie coming back from fishing, well, attempting to fish.  Fishing takes time and patience which my children do not have patience right now.  :)

This guy way out there, he has fishing patience!

John and Paul talking camp stove.


Ellie's foot prints

Saturday night's sunset

There was some wind and storms that rolled through late Saturday afternoon.  The kids saw this rainbow out the trailer window so I grabbed my camera.
We took a prowler ride up a mountain and found this amazing view.  Paul had a wench put on the prowler, good thing he did, it came in handy.  Nope not for us, we pulled a 4wheeler out of some deep sand he had gotten stuck in.  We were coming back down the mountain and came across a handful of 4wheelers just stopped.  Then we saw a couple of guys trying to dig the back wheels out with their hands.  Paul hooked it up and pulled it right out!  Our prowler rocks!!  :)
We had a wonderful weekend.  The prowler worked great, the trailer was awesome and we hope that we will have many more family fun times ahead of us!

No comments: